Like other travel bloggers out there, I’m planning my next vacation before my vacation even ends! Luckily, thanks to social media and the World Wide Web, it’s so easy to get travel inspiration and sample itineraries. Here are some places to get you started:
- Travel blogs!- There are lots of great blogs by people who travel for a living. Check out: www.travelettes.net, www.adventurouskate.com, www.nomadicmatt.com
- Pinterest- It took me a while to get on Pinterest, but now I’m obsessed. I love being able to organize all my lists in one place. Once you follow travel as a topic or find travel related boards, Pinterest will start populating your news feed with all of them! yay!
- Instagram- Oh man, if there’s one app that can really make you jealous of other people’s travels, this is it. I follow several travel bloggers and photographers and just seeing their pictures takes me to my happy place and makes me want to book a trip ASAP. I mainly use Instagram only for this purpose since most of the other people I follow I’m already following on Facebook. Check out: chrisburkard, alisontravels, gopro, roamtheplanet, travelphotooftheday, goingawesomeplaces, roundtheworldgirl.
- Facebook- This is a great way to stay up to date on travel blogs, magazines and I find an interesting article almost daily.
- Travel magazines- digital or soft copy, these are still a great resource. Wanderlust and Afar are some of my favorites.
- Books (yes, hard copy)- I’ll flip through The Travel Book by Lonely Planet. It has a brief description of experiences in every single country in the world and showcases amazing photography. I still buy hard copy travel guides and they ROCK!
- Non-stop flights- Sometimes when you don’t want to deal with the hassle of transferring flights, check out your non-stop options. This will make your trip smoother and makes it that much easier deciding where to go.
- Friends and family- Dad loves to travel too, so I get lots of articles from him and other friends. They are great resources since they know your travel preferences.