Hello fellow travelers and thanks for visiting! I’m Lone Star Ling and hail from the great state of Texas. After getting a taste of international travel after college, I loved how travel exposed me to different cultures, food, ideas, and forced me out of my comfort zone. And that was the beginning of my addiction to travel :). The most memorable trips have always been because something unexpected happened or a sequence of unfortunate events, so I’ve learned to be flexible and enjoy the ride.
My travels abroad have changed me from a picky eater to wanting to try everything. I try to keep a “When in Rome” mentality and find the local spots when I can. I’m always on the lookout for a good ramen restaurant, the best breakfast taco, and the coziest coffee shop. Here’s to trying new foods and living life out of your comfort zone!
LONE STAR LING
I’m a professional by day and go adventuring, traveling, foodie-ing when I can. When I’m not daydreaming about traveling, owning a tiny house/Casita/Airstream travel trailer, I enjoy reading budget and early retirement blogs, listening to country music, Pinteresting, and watching football and bad reality TV.
My Top 5 International Trips – If I had to rank my top 5 trips, it would go something like this:
- Zambia: Warm, friendly country. Volunteering abroad was hands-down the most meaningful experience I’ve had while traveling.
- New Zealand: Wide open and majestic spaces. We had so many great memories and outdoor adventures here.
- Tanzania: My trip of a lifetime. Saw the big five, glamped, and wore lots of khaki.
- Norway: As a female, this is supposedly the best country to live in. Amazing fjords and super clean and efficient country!
- Ireland: The ultimate girls trip filled with lots of giggles, good food, and fun Irish music.
My Current Travel Wishlist
- Vietnam: I’m a huge fan of Vietnamese food, so that may be the big motivator behind this trip. I’m also obsessed with Vespas (don’t actually own one) and would love to the see the country riding around with the wind in my hair.
- Galapagos Islands: I can’t wait to snorkel with sea lions and turtles and see all the exotic animals.
- Mt. Zion National Park: Perfect place to practice using my new fancy DSLR.
- Charleston, SC: One word. Biscuits.
- Nashville, TN: Southern food and country music, yes please!